Sometimes it does indeed take a village. The organizations listed below may be able to help address many of your needs and concerns regarding raising your children.
If you have a resource (it does not need to be a website) that you believe would be helpful to others, please submit it to the webmaster at email@example.com. Please note that the Maynard Family Network is providing this information simply as a guide and does not endorse or vouch for any of these groups nor do we guarantee the quality of service provided by these organizations.
First Connections is a Massachusetts Family Network funded by the Mass. Department of Education. It is located in Concord and designs and delivers low or no cost programs to 11 area towns including Maynard, primarily to families with children birth through age three. The MFA sends two representatives to participate on the Parent Association Committee. First Connections feels that the parent associations grassroots builds a strong community and helps many families to network and feel more connected to family activities in their towns. If you would like to be added to the First Connections Parenting Newsletter, please email the MFA's First Connections Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A local Maynard mom has started an online discussion group, and welcomes other moms to join. The group is a place for moms living in Maynard, MA to "get together" to chat about local events, parenting issues, recommendations for favorite stores, doctors, play areas, etc.; or to set up playdates, walks, lunches, or nights out. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MaynardMoms/. To join, click "Join this group!" in blue near the top right of the home page. (You'll need to fill out some basic information and provide an e-mail address.) You can also unsubscribe at any time if you find it isn't helpful to you. Maynard Moms is not an MFA sponsored organization, however the MFA does use it to communicate with Maynard residents.
Boys and Girls Club
The Mission of the Boys & Girls Club of Assabet Valley is to promote the growth of young people in our community by empowering them to become productive, caring, responsible citizens. To find out more go to: http://www.bgcav.org.
Other Local Parent Groups
- Acton Family Network: www.actonfamily.org
- Concord Family Network: www.concordfamilynetwork.org
- Harvard Family Association: www.harvardfamilyassociation.com
- Littleton Parents Association: www.littletonparents.org
- Stow Area Parents Network: www.sapn.org
- Sudbury Family Network: www.sudburyfamilynetwork.org
- Minute Man ARC for Human Services
- Minute Man ARC offers a variety of programs for families in the area. It administers the local Early Intervention programs. For more information, please visit their web site: http://www.minutemanarc.org.
New and Expectant Mothers
- Emerson Hospital Birthing Center: www.emersonhospital.org/medical/birthing_center
- Massachusetts La Leche League Chapters: www.lllmarivt.org/
- Sudbury La Leche League Chapter: www.lllmarivt.org/marlborough-sudbury/
- ICAN (International Cesarean Awareness Network):health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ICANofMiddlesexCounty/
- Massachusetts Directory of Licensed Daycare Providers:www.eec.state.ma.us/ChildCareSearch/EarlyEduMap
- Massachusetts Childcare Resource and Referral Network:www.machildcareresourcesonline.org/
- Parents Helping Parents: www.parentshelpingparents.org
- Offers free, confidential, ongoing weekly mutual-help support groups where parents can get together and share experiences, skills, resources and support and to help strengthen and guide one another through the challenges of parenting. Free childcare is also available. Local groups include Acton and Marlboro.
- Jewish Family and Children's Services: www.jfcsboston.org/fcs/index.cfm
- Jewish Family & Children's Services is a non-denominational charity which offers a comprehensive group of programs designed to strengthen families and support individuals through challenging times.
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, New England Chapter:www.asthmaandallergies.org/
- Provides information and support for people with allergies and their families. Offers educational seminars and support groups in Lexington, Westford, and Framingham.
Town of Maynard: http://www.townofmaynard-ma.gov
Maynard Public Schools: http://www.maynardschools.org/
Maynard Library: http://www.maynardpubliclibrary.org
Maynard Community Chest: http://www.maynardchest.org/
Maynard Food Pantry: http://web.maynard.ma.us/civic/pantry/
Maynard Farmers Market: http://web.maynard.ma.us/civic/farmers/
Magical Maynard: http://www.facebook.com/MagicalMaynard
Eye On Maynard: http://www.eyeonmaynard.com
Maynard Business Alliance: http://maynardbusinessalliance.org
Open Table: http://www.opentable.org
Please note that the Maynard Family Network is providing this information simply as a guide and does not endorse or vouch for any of these groups nor do we guarantee the quality of service provided by these organizations.